Your house is so much more than the bricks it is made from; it’s your family’s home and you need to make sure that it is insured for all those unexpected things in life. Buying a property is one of the biggest investments that you can make – and you want to make sure that this investment is properly insured so that the structure and permanent fittings of your valuable investment can be rebuilt or repaired, when misfortune knocks at the door.
Imagine what you would do if your home was destroyed by a fire or flooded by a severe storm? Most of us don’t have the cash to make unforeseen repairs to our homes – which is why homeowner’s comprehensive insurance is vital to ensure that when disaster strikes, you can bounce back and not worry about finances.
Why You Should Have Insurance
If you own a house, holiday home, or other property that you would like to insure against events like theft, malicious damage, fire or acts of nature, building insurance is for you. You want to have insurance to cover you in the event of a geyser bursting and the overflow causing damage to the ceiling, cupboards and/or carpets.
Also, if you have an Absa home loan or intend on taking one out, you will need comprehensive homeowner’s insurance on the property. This is a requirement of the finance institution that issues your bond. Building insurance has many benefits and is sometimes required.
Here’s why you should consider using ABSA building insurance:
- It’s affordable cover that provides you with comprehensive cover at competitive rates.
- It offers peace of mind as you are insured against sudden and unforeseen events.
- 24-hour emergency assistance in the event of a claim.
- Your homeowner’s insurance premium can be included in your monthly home loan repayment or paid by means of a debit order directly with Absa.
- You don’t have to worry about finding thousands of rands to make repairs to your home when disaster strikes.
For more information on insuring your property, contact ABSA today.